cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Nameserver is not authoritative for my domain

Hi guys,

Last week I tried  to set up a domain www.fundesa.com.py. The DNS are pointing to my hosting account on GoDaddy but the domain doesn't seem to resolve the nameservers. I have several domains working on the same hosting account but this is the 3rd time that a domain .com.py isn't working. I had to change the other 2 domains to an another hosting account. On leafdns.com I get an error Nameserver is not authoritative for fundesa.com.py.

Need some support to fix this issue. I don't want to use another hosting account for all my .com.py domains.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Nameserver is not authoritative for my domain

Hi @Dasrob,

Welcome to our forums! I suggest making sure you are using the right nameservers for that domain name, every hosted site within your hosting account may not have the same nameservers. Here is how to find your website's nameservers. With .PY domains, any valid nameservers will work, so sounds like the wrong nameservers are being used. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Hi @charminglygeeky,

Thank you for your reply! That's the problem, nameservers are fine, it's the same nameservers I'm using for other domains that are working. I just have this issue with .com.py domains. On the registrar side everything is ok but for some reason I doesn't work.

Hey @Dasrob,

When I do a DiG lookup on your domain name, the nameservers you currently have it pointed to are not reporting any DNS zone records. When that happens, that commonly means it's not pointing to the correct authoritative nameservers that are actually hosting your zone records. 

To correct that, you'll want to locate your site's nameservers, as outlined in the article linked to. If you're still having trouble locating the correct nameservers, give our live support a call. They're more than happy to help you get the domain properly pointed. 

Let us know how it goes. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted

Nameserver is not authoritative for my domain

My domain michaeldeming.me has been broken for 6 days now. It's registered at HostGator, and I've pointed the name servers to the ones on my primary cPanel domain and created an addon domain for it. I'm not sure if those are the correct name servers though because in the zone file the NS records point to different ones. So, should my name servers be pointing to the ones under my primary cPanel account, or the name servers listed in the zone file for michaeldeming.me?

Solution

Solved it! Let this serve as an example, as it isn't clear ANYWHERE. After you've changed your domain name servers at a different registrar to the correct name servers for your cPanel hosting account and the DNS propagates, you may have to change the name servers again to the one generated for the addon domain itself. So for instance if your cPanel nameserves are ns98 and ns99 you'd set those at your domain's registrar, then once you've confirmed that your account is hosting the addon domain, you'll need to find the new name serves for it. They will be in the zone file as NS records and will have different values like ns53 and ns54. Go back to your domain's registrar and update the name servers again, and your DNS should resolve like mine did almost instantly!