cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper I

Nameserver updates failing

Hi Fam, I have been trying to update the nameservers of one of my domains, but each time after I update, I get a domain status change failure via email. Anyone ever experienced this before? It's been full 2 days now and I'm getting the same emails and the nameservers haven't even updated on my GoDaddy dashboard. It's a .co.za domain, i should mention I always use custom nameservers and they work well and update within no time. Please advise..Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Employee
Employee

Re: Nameserver updates failing

Hiya @Nvulane!

Thank you for posting. I'm not quite sure what the problem is there. But .co.za domains do have special nameserver requirements. If that article doesn't help, reach out to our support team so they can have a look and let you know what's failing. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Helper I

Thank you. The name sever updates never worked. i only changed the A-record. So that worked for me.

New

Unable to change nameserver for .co.za domain

Hi,

I recently transferred my stratel.co.za domain from Register Domain SA to Go Daddy. The transfer was successful but I an unable to change the name servers below. This was added when I registered the domain through Register Domain SA. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 12.22.52.png

I went an selected the "default" name server type to use Go Daddy name servers

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 12.23.59.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 12.24.26.png

This creates 4 entries including the old name servers. 

I finally get an email notification advising that the name server change has failed as below and reverts back to the initial configuration. 

"The modifications you requested for the domain stratel.co.za have failed. 
Error: Domain Update failed due to nameserver issues"

Please advise. 

Nameserver Change "Domain Changes Failed" .co.za

I cannot seem to get the nameservers to change, please help

Hi there, I'm having the same problem with .co.za domain. Please could you tell me what you changed on the 'a record' and how this works? thanks, would appreciate it!!

Domain update fail - name server issue for .co.za domain

Hi there,

I'm trying to point my co.za domain to my UK hosting package. I've entered the custom name servers and IP address and added successfully. However I get an email saying 'domain update fail - name server issue' and to contact support. 

However support aren't able to suggest any reason why it failed other than checking I entered details in correctly, which definitely are. 

Does anyone have any advice? I've read https://uk.godaddy.com/help/about-coza-domains-8811 article, and other than not understanding what an authoritative name server is, I followed the correct process. 

Re: Unable to change nameserver for .co.za domain

Hi there,

Did you find a solution? Finding same problem. 

Thanks!

Re: Nameserver Change "Domain Changes Failed" .co.za

Hi there,

Did you manage to find a solution to this? facing same problem. thanks!

Highlighted
New

Re: Domain update fail - name server issue for .co.za domain

Liter co.za domain
Solution

Hi @laurakor,

Welcome to the Community!

A .CO.ZA domain has several special requirements. Please review the article here when inserting nameservers. Allow up to 5 days for the change to process at the Registry. If you are still not able to change them, you should call our customer support so they can escalate your issue to the CCTLD team for review. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support