cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Nameservers reverted back after setting them to custom

Hi there,

I have two domains with you:

annakennedyphotography.co.uk (changed nameservers to different hosting)

annakennedyphotography.com (redirects to .co.uk site, nameservers haven't changed)

I changed the nameserves for annakennedyphotography.co.uk to custom namerservers but my site has now gone down and it seems that the nameservers have reverted back to the original GoDaddy ones. Do you know why this has happened? 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Nameservers reverted back after setting them to custom

Are you still having troubles with this?  Changing the nameservers can take a couple of days, where it may seem to randomly bounce back and forth between old and new.  Double check your settings in the Domain Manager, if it does not resolve itself contact support so they can dig deeper into the situation.

I am having the same problem with my domain destinyelectrical.co.za did you by any chance found a solution to this. It's been weeks trying to update the nameservers (dns2026a.trouble-free.net and dns2026b.trouble-free.net) and they keep on reverting to default. I tried contacted support (which is unreachable 99% of the times) and they said I have to do it myself. I am starting to regret using go daddy

Same problem.  I make a change in the control panel and then come back 5 mins later and see they have reverted back.  I got onto support who said "You can use the GoDaddy online account to change name servers but sometimes the custom nameserver may not be able to update from the front-end and we need to update from the back end", to which I find staggering!  If the tool can't support it reliably then customers should know.  I only have a few hours in which to make this change only to find they "didn't take properly" and I need to contact support.  WTH?