cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Need basic help with new auction listing

I successfully listed my domain in auctions after paying $4.99.  Today I received an email from GoDaddy advising I have not received any bids in the last 30 days and should consider listing it in different categories.  For the life of me I can't figure out how to do that.  I'm interested in doing the following, all of which I've cut/pasted from my email.  I just need help doing it. (Thank you)

Other customers have found great success in receiving bids by using the following methods:

• List your domain name in multiple categories so that potential buyers have a better chance of seeing it. Our most popular categories currently are: Real Estate, Words & Phrases, Business and Advertising, Sales & Marketing. (Please keep in mind category traffic fluctuates.)
  • Make your domain name a featured listing on the GoDaddy Auctions home page or a featured listing within any category. These listings will guarantee additional exposure as they are highly visited pages.
2 REPLIES 2
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Need basic help with new auction listing

@knikhusky wrote:

I successfully listed my domain in auctions after paying $4.99.  Today I received an email from GoDaddy advising I have not received any bids in the last 30 days and should consider listing it in different categories.  For the life of me I can't figure out how to do that.  I'm interested in doing the following, all of which I've cut/pasted from my email.  I just need help doing it. (Thank you)

Other customers have found great success in receiving bids by using the following methods:

• List your domain name in multiple categories so that potential buyers have a better chance of seeing it. Our most popular categories currently are: Real Estate, Words & Phrases, Business and Advertising, Sales & Marketing. (Please keep in mind category traffic fluctuates.)
  • Make your domain name a featured listing on the GoDaddy Auctions home page or a featured listing within any category. These listings will guarantee additional exposure as they are highly visited pages.

@knikhusky you can add more categories by editing the auction listing, I believe they charge you for more than one category though. Honestly, not many people search through the auction listings, most people are just searching the expired domain auctions as I do. I recommend listing the domain as a premium listing with a set price.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
Highlighted

Re: Need basic help with new auction listing

Thank you @justingodfrey. I believe it's already listed as premium.  It makes sense to just check expired domains.  Not holding my breath here.  Just hoping for the best.  Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Sandi