cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Need to create a subdomain but Bulk register doesn't allow unless using their nameservers

I have a dedicated server that host a domain registered at bulkregister. I need to create a subdomain, but bulkregister does not allow creating one unless I use their nameservers. What do I do?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: subdomain

Hi @zambergadmin,

Thanks for posting. You can only create a subdomain through your DNS, it sounds like you may be using our nameservers so you should be able to create a subdomain through your zone file.

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted
New

Yes
New

Help
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @zambergadmin. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I'm not sure if this is something you're still dealing with or not. It shouldn't matter who is hosting the DNS as long as you're able to modify the DNS zone file. If you're using a DNS service we provide, you should only need to set up the subdomain on the server first (this process can vary). Then, the appropriate DNS record will need to be created. The DNS record will need to point to the IP address that was assigned to the subdomain during the setup process.

For more information on setting up DNS in cPanel, see this article

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.