cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

OFFER / COUNTER-OFFER PROBLEM

Why in the offer/counter-offer selling method, when someone already made an offer, the Godaddy's domain name's selling page does not inform a new potential buyer about existing offers so he could make a bigger offer ? Otherwise, new potential buyers would make equal or even lesser offers, which obviously would not be accepted and they, as well the seller, would be wasting their time and opportunity.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: OFFER / COUNTER-OFFER PROBLEM

@BlueCrystal wrote:

Why in the offer/counter-offer selling method, when someone already made an offer, the Godaddy's domain name's selling page does not inform a new potential buyer about existing offers so he could make a bigger offer ? Otherwise, new potential buyers would make equal or even lesser offers, which obviously would not be accepted and they, as well the seller, would be wasting their time and opportunity.

@BlueCrystal I've never seen a domain marketplace that tells potential buyers of other offers, it's just not that common.

--

Re: OFFER / COUNTER-OFFER PROBLEM

@justingodfrey I find strange that a better way of selling something by not wasting time and potentially getting more money - escaped everyone's imagination !!!

I think only sellers of high-value domain names can benefit from current offer/counter-offer method. Because, for them, if everyone could see previous low-price offers may induce those who have a lot of money to also make low-price offers.

In order to make justice to all type of sellers, there should an OPTIONAL previous offers information display. So high-value domain sellers could opt for hiding previous offers and lower-value domain sellers could opt for revealing it.