cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payed $25 For A Domain, Didn't Get It

I was planning on buying a domain + domain privacy for $25 with the $40 dollars on my debit card. I went to the checkout, proceeded with the purchase, and I got an error. When I checked my bank account, whoop! It was down to $15. I got charged for a purchase I didn't even receive. After waiting for an opening in the online chat for 30 minutes, I finally got in. I then had to talk to the person for another 15-30 minutes before she understood what my problem was. When I asked her if I should call my bank for a refund, she said yes. So, I proceeded to call my bank and ask for a refund. What did they say? They couldn't do that. Only the company that charged you can give you a refund on your purchase. I just wasted $25 on something I didn't get and I'm not happy right now. I've been using GoDaddy without a problem for my other domain, but now I might just use some other site that won't get it wrong.

RANT END

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Payed $25 For A Domain, Didn't Get It

@MrPigeonMan wrote:

I was planning on buying a domain + domain privacy for $25 with the $40 dollars on my debit card. I went to the checkout, proceeded with the purchase, and I got an error. When I checked my bank account, whoop! It was down to $15. I got charged for a purchase I didn't even receive. After waiting for an opening in the online chat for 30 minutes, I finally got in. I then had to talk to the person for another 15-30 minutes before she understood what my problem was. When I asked her if I should call my bank for a refund, she said yes. So, I proceeded to call my bank and ask for a refund. What did they say? They couldn't do that. Only the company that charged you can give you a refund on your purchase. I just wasted $25 on something I didn't get and I'm not happy right now. I've been using GoDaddy without a problem for my other domain, but now I might just use some other site that won't get it wrong.

RANT END

@MrPigeonMan Did you receive an email receipt? If not I'm assuming that this was a just a preauthorization that will disappear from your account within 48-72 hours.

----

Hey @MrPigeonMan,

The issue you're describing sounds specific to your customer account. If you received a receipt number notification from us, you'd need to contact our live support once more for further assistance. Because this is a public forum, none of the members here in the community will have direct access to your account or billing history to help address this.

If you do not have a receipt number for the charges applied to your billing method, then you'll need to contact our billing department at (480) 505-8855 for assistance. There is no email address, but they are available 24/7 and are the best able to investigate the charges and help reverse if necessary. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

They couldn't help me