cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pending Registration + 16 days for .JP TLD - still not active. What & when is the resolution?

Pending Registration + 16 days for .JP TLD - still not active. What & when is the resolution?

How long is the SLA for a .JP TLD registration?

It is already > 16 days, with no notification, status updates,etc.

Beyond, ridiculous.

Thoughts, insights, resolution paths?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pending Registration + 16 days for .JP TLD - still not active. What & when is the resolution

Hi @TokyoTimes. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! That's definitely not normal. In this case, your best bet is to reach out to our customer care team so they can review this situation with our country code domains team. This isn't something that you would be able to address by yourself and users here in the community do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Pending Registration + 16 days for .JP TLD - still not active. What & when is the resolution

Hi JesseW,

Thank you for your reply, and insights. I called customer support and this was escalated where a team is manually researching it.

I told them, to me, this is clear that it has something to do with the API, which is dropping data or malforming it based on what they told me is happening on their end, and what I can see on my end.

From what I can piece together, these .JP TLDs are pulling from the customer Godaddy registration template for contact info, etc. but for some reason, during the registration process for the .JP TLD, only the email addresses and phone numbers are passed through or accepted by the registry -- the registry then "locks" the domain name as "incomplete" - leaving no one way edit it, and put in an org name, contact individuals, etc.

I further say this I issue because I registered 4 or 5 domain names that day, in various TLDs, including legacy, .com, etc. as well as as .co, and .co.jp. All of those were setup, and information properly populated from my default templates.

The current status is that I will have a response from the escalation team in 72 hours, although that doesn't guarantee an answer or solution within that time frame.

Best regards,

- James