Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Point Domain to Host without having to remove from Godaddy Linux Hosting

I have a Domain purchased outside godaddy from another provider, and it hosted with Godaddy Linux Hosting.

Unfortunitely the guy who hosted my domain with Godaddy Linux hosting is now not ready to support me in anyway So I now purchased wordpress hosting from godaddy and point my domain there.

I changed Name Servers and A Records as I have access to domain but it did not work, godaddy support says, I can't change host until I remove domain from current Linux Hosting and I don't have access of current host.

Isn't there anyway and Can't I do anything to point my domain to newly purchased host? Does anyone have knowledge and help me out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nate
Super User II

If you don't have access to the existing hosting account you'll need to work with support to get the domain removed.  https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I have a Domain purchased outside godaddy from another provider, and it hosted with Godaddy Linux Hosting.

Unfortunitely the guy who hosted my domain with Godaddy Linux hosting is now not ready to support me in anyway So I now purchased wordpress hosting from godaddy and point my domain there.

I changed Name Servers and A Records as I have access to domain but it did not work, godaddy support says, I can't change host until I remove domain from current Linux Hosting and I don't have access of current host.

Isn't there anyway and Can't I do anything to point my domain to newly purchased host? Does anyone have knowledge and help me out?

Nate
Super User II

If you don't have access to the existing hosting account you'll need to work with support to get the domain removed.  https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post