cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Point my domain.

I pointed my domain at an eBay store. Currently it works if you type mydomain.com, but if you type www.mydomain.com, it doesn't work. Can someone please direct me to detailed instructions on how to make www.mydomain.com work, and not just mydomain.com?

8 REPLIES 8
New

Re: Point my domain.

Nevermind. I solved this.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Sabra,

First of all, thanks for posting in the Community! Glad to hear that you solved the issue. It would be super helpful to others in the Community that might encounter the same issue, if you would take the time and come back to post what you did to fix what was happening. Thanks much and take care!

Rachel

New

@RachelM wrote:

Hey @Sabra,

First of all, thanks for posting in the Community! Glad to hear that you solved the issue. It would be super helpful to others in the Community that might encounter the same issue, if you would take the time and come back to post what you did to fix what was happening. Thanks much and take care!

Rachel

Hello, @RachelM I was too stupid to know that when I forwarded my domain, I was only forwarding my naked domain, and I needed to set a CNAME record to point the WWW domain.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know!! Please don't ever think that you're stupid. There's so much to learn about and it sounds like you did a great job of problem solving on your own. Give yourself a pat on the back from that!!

Rachel

New

Hi @Sabra,

I have a godaddy domain and created a website that was hosted by MSN 365 and just created changed my new website with godaddy website. I thought moving the domain host would mean my old customers would see the new site. But they say it says my site is no longer open. Will this CNAME help this?

Thanks,

James

Hi @JLT

Welcome to the Community!

When you transfer a domain to us, the nameservers (directions on the domain as to where to find your website) do not automatically update. You will need to change the nameservers on the domain so that the domain directs to your new website with us.

If you need assistance with nameservers (pointing your domain to a website) you may use the instructions below.

Finding Your Nameservers for hosting with us: https://www.godaddy.com/help/find-my-godaddy-nameservers-12318

Updating the Nameservers on your domain: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

I am facing the same issue. can you please elaborate the same please?

" I needed to set a CNAME record to point the WWW domain."

@Sabra wrote:

@RachelM wrote:

Hey @Sabra,

Rachel

Hello, @RachelM I was too stupid to know that when I forwarded my domain, I was only forwarding my naked domain, and I needed to set a CNAME record to point the WWW domain.

Hello, pls if anyone still visits this, I am trying to link my domain name to my blog on blogger but I am stuck. It keep giving me error 404. i just need a detailed assistance but all your support numbers aren't going through