cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Pointing A record with name

Hi, Domain name is registered with GoDaddy and website hosted in some other company. So I would like to point the A record to their web server IP address but now the problem is, they are running two different web site in single server and they are requesting me to update the A record with ip + name like this (xxx.xx.xxx.xx/~domainname/). Is it correct idea? Please advise. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Pointing A record with name

@Suvijohn73 

A records are just IP addresses. It sounds like they are using cPanel and it would be to access the site before you point the domain. Once the domain is pointed to the IP it should work correctly

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@PL281 . Thank you very much for your reply. I could not able to find your free advise in this forum. 

From your message, I understand that, pointing only the A record to their web server IP is enough. Am I correct? Please advise. Thank you

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Suvijohn73 

That is correct

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you very much.. I will test it and will send you the confirmation.