cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Lars007
Getting Started

Pointing a domain toward teespring

I have a teespring shop (print on Demand) I also have purchased a domain with Godaddy

I need to point the Domain to Teespring but find it confusing has anyone done this before?

Thanks

Lars

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Using default nameservers is correct as they're automatically set to use your GoDaddy DNS above, this would only need to be changed if you were using a different DNS provider (which would void the settings above).

I am seeing that these settings have propagated, but it doesn't seem to be routed properly on the other end.  I am not sure if they need to issue an SSL or something like that which can take a few hours.  If it doesn't resolve itself you should contact Spring support to look into the issue.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Nate
Super User II

In your DNS there should already be an A record for @ and a CNAME for www, you'll edit these to have the values they provide.

Type Host/name Value/point to
A @ 147.75.40.150
CNAME www

sites.teespring.com

Then you'll need to verify the settings in the Spring dashboard.

https://www.spri.ng/creator-resources/connecting-a-custom-domain

Lars007
Getting Started

Thanks do i need to set new DNS servers or leave the go daddy ones as is?

You'll need to be on the default nameservers to manage the DNS here.

Lars007
Getting Started

I just received this error

Lars007_1-1620178392422.png

DNS propagation can take a little time.  I am seeing 147.75.40.150 worldwide using external testing.  So hopefully you can verify now and setup your site.

Lars007
Getting Started

all is good however now i get

Lars007_0-1620181784459.png

Lars007
Getting Started

The website being teespring has given me the green light saying your domain is connected allow 24 hours for the site to go live!

however i noticed the following

Lars007_1-1620182914216.png

There are 2 cname entries is this correct and do the dns servers need to be changed?

Using default nameservers is correct as they're automatically set to use your GoDaddy DNS above, this would only need to be changed if you were using a different DNS provider (which would void the settings above).

I am seeing that these settings have propagated, but it doesn't seem to be routed properly on the other end.  I am not sure if they need to issue an SSL or something like that which can take a few hours.  If it doesn't resolve itself you should contact Spring support to look into the issue.

View solution in original post