Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nike_tz
New

Premium DNS up time?

Hello,

Since 22. May i have switched my dns to Premium but it seams that its not good as it says.

Until that day had no issues with dns, except once i need to switch dns at end of April.

After switch to new Premium dns i constantly see that Google had issues with connection timeout with those new DNS nameservers.

You can see it on this screenshoot

Some days it was 7% which is way bellow that 99.999 uptime the guarantee

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @nike_tz,

please read carefully the following verbatim passage from terms and conditions:

7. SERVICE UPTIME GUARANTEE

We offer a Service uptime guarantee of 99.9% (“Service Uptime Guarantee”) of available time per month. If we fail to maintain this Service Uptime Guarantee in a particular month (as solely determined by us), you may contact us and request a credit of 5% of your monthly hosting fee for that month. The credit may be used only for the purchase of further products and services from us, and is exclusive of any applicable taxes. The Service Uptime Guarantee does not apply to service interruptions caused by: (1) periodic scheduled maintenance or repairs we may undertake from time to time; (2) interruptions caused by you from custom scripting, coding or the installation of third-party applications; (3) outages that do not affect the appearance of your website but merely affect access to your website such as FTP and email; (4) causes beyond our control or that are not reasonably foreseeable; and (5) outages related to the reliability of certain programming environments.

Make sure that this was correct and if your downtime still applies then contact support who will happily award a 5% credit.

Cat Happy

Well i do not need money, i need stable service 🙂

While i was on normal dns, there was no issues but i couldn't host dns for domains which are not bought at godaddy. Thats why i have done this but so far bad move.

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @nike_tz,

I am a very logically thinking person. Often I see posts with very poor logic behind them and realise that the post comes not from a logical frame of mind, rather an emotional one.

My mother on the other hand was an emotional soul. A classic she said once when a light bulb blew......

"That's very strange, it's never done that before!" 

I loved my mum very much and we all had to laugh but....................

your argument follows that same vein of thought.