cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Price hikes, no reminders and apparently no support.

I've just had a receipt emailed to me for a domain renewal I had no reminder for in advance. The price has more than doubled with no notice or explanation. Your site states '24/7 support' and 'within 5 minutes'. There was no response whatsoever from 'SINGH, SUJATA'. I'm still waiting coming up to 40 minutes later.

Apparently you consider loyalty a one way street.  I've hosted domains with you for over a decade, but I will be researching alternatives at the earliest available opportunity and then I'll be off. I am disgusted.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Price hikes, no reminders and apparently no support.

@BuhBye 

I'm an end user just like you. I can tell you that GoDaddy does send multiple emails to the account holder as well as to the billing contact for the domain. 

In regards to the price increase - I am making an assumption that this was the first time this domain has renewed. GoDaddy often offers the first year of a domain at 40% or more off the annual renewal cost, however the screen (before you add the domain to your cart) shows both the discounted amount and the regular amount. 

People often miss this and then are shocked when they get the renewal at the full price.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

I appreciate the quick response and attempt at explanation, but if emails were sent, then they did not arrive. They clearly have the correct one, as I received the receipt. I've also double checked it on my account. And it's not the first renewal, though the hike seems to have happened a billing period earlier than I'd realised, because once again, I'd had no emails. I can see no receipt for that year, either. I've had this same domain for a decade or more. It has been a while, but I don't recall seeing anything about an offer at the time, either.

Hi @BuhBye,

Welcome to the Community!

Multiple emails get sent surrounding the expiration and renewal of all domains. If you have not received them, your email plan may be filtering them out (be sure to look in your spam folder). This is especially true for gmail, yahoo, and some other free email providers. You may wish to list @godaddy.com as a preferred email sender in your program so you don't miss these notices in the future. Most alerts are sent at 60 , 30, 15, 10, and 5 days prior to renewal. It seems like a lot of emails, but we really don't want our customers to accidentally lose their domains through expiration.

If you need to view your receipts, you can go to your profile (clicking your name in the upper right of the home page), choosing "Account Settings", then "Order History" in the resulting screen.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

Thankyou for the reply, but it doesn't really help. I used to get several reminders, but no longer. They appear to have stopped around the time you hiked the price. Funny, that. My contact details have not changed, nor has the exception I long ago created in my email account to avoid something being sent to spam. - You're already on the safe list and have been for years. As I've already mentioned, I did check my spam folder all the same, as well as my trash folder and there is nothing from you in either. It/they just did not arrive. I'm unclear now on how many you supposedly sent, as the chat agent said they could only see one having been sent very recently, - again, which did not arrive. You have the correct email address for me, because the receipt arrived, as did the pin request thing that the chat agent (eventually) sent. I also checked with them that you have not changed your own details, and they said that you had not.

Solution

Hi @BuhBye,

Clearly, neither the members of this Community Forum, nor GoDaddy, can resolve the failure of your email to receive the automated reminders sent over all domain renewals. These reminders have been set to send for over 10 years, and have not changed with price structures or Registry requirements. We are also not able to review the prices paid in the past (please check your order history), or change the renewal price for you.

What GoDaddy CAN do, is review your renewals and provide a refund if the domains are canceled within the refund policy here. Please give the customer support team a call and they'll be happy to review your refund options within the account. If calling isn't an option for you, please try our live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support