Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
bonedome
New

Problem transferring in SOME domains

So I've initiated the inbound transfer of about 16 domains from Network Solutions to my account at Godaddy. Some of the transfers show "In Progress" and as far as I know they're working fine. Others are found under the "Finalize Transfer," and they show that the domain lock is "off." The status says "missing authorization code," but I NetSol provided the transfer codes, several of which seem to have worked fine for the transfers that are "in Progress." 

When I enter the authorization codes the pop-up window returns the error message "We couldn't update the authorization codes for the following domain(s)" and "Reason: Ineligible domain status." This information really isn't very useful to me. Can someone tell me what I need to do at Godaddy and/or Network solutions to make them "eligible"? 

Pretty frustrating, and starting to make me regret removing these remaining domains over to Godaddy, with whom I've previously had pretty good experiences.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @bonedome,

Welcome to the Community!

There are several reason that can hold up a transfer, with little to do with GoDaddy. When you purchase and authorize a transfer of a domain from another registrar, GoDaddy makes the request to the Registry for you to move the domain over. (Registrars GoDaddy and Network Solutions don't "talk" to each other; it's all done through the Registry.)

If the Authorization code is not entered exactly, it will be declined by the Registry. The code is case-sensitive and should have no spaces before or after the code that may happen in a copy/paste action. It must be identical to what the Registry has on file for the domain. If checking for errors as above does not lead to acceptance, you may need to have NetSol regenerate a code, which will automatically synch it with the Registry. 

A domain marked as "ineligible" may be locked in the current account, or locked by ICANN. These domains may have been transferred TO NetSol within the last 60 days, or a registrant change made to the contact data n the last 60 days. You'll need to check with the losing Registrar to be sure. If any errors state that the transfer is declined by the current registrar, you'll need to check with Network Solutions as to why. 

If you go to your Domain Manager within the GoDaddy account, you can use the Domains tab to select Transfers. If there are domains listed there, checking the box to the left of each should show you the Restart Transfer option. This is used after correcting any issues at the losing registrar, so you can simply restart the request in the GoDaddy account. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bonedome
New

In the process of transferring several domains from Network Solutions to Godaddy I received several emails corresponding to the respective domains that look like the below. Unfortunately, the instructions don't correspond with the available options on the website. There is no "restart transfer" button/link/etc available at the end of the path described below, at least not for me. This may be related to another post I made in this forum...is it possible that navigating around/past/over/through this dead-end that Godaddy is leading me to will allow me to make my domain transfers "eligible"?

We need admin approval to complete your transfer.

We've sent a request to XXXXXXX@XXXXXXXX.XXX  to approve the transfer of:

xxxxxxxxxxxx.com

If you believe this email address is incorrect, you'll need to update it with your current registrar and restart the transfer.

To restart the transfer:

Sign in to your GoDaddy account .

Next to Domains, click Manage.

In the Domains menu, select Transfers.

Choose the domain names you want to transfer and click Restart Transfer.

If you're having trouble finding your current registrar, check the Accredited Registrar Directory .

TLH

Hi @bonedome,

Welcome to the Community!

There are several reason that can hold up a transfer, with little to do with GoDaddy. When you purchase and authorize a transfer of a domain from another registrar, GoDaddy makes the request to the Registry for you to move the domain over. (Registrars GoDaddy and Network Solutions don't "talk" to each other; it's all done through the Registry.)

If the Authorization code is not entered exactly, it will be declined by the Registry. The code is case-sensitive and should have no spaces before or after the code that may happen in a copy/paste action. It must be identical to what the Registry has on file for the domain. If checking for errors as above does not lead to acceptance, you may need to have NetSol regenerate a code, which will automatically synch it with the Registry. 

A domain marked as "ineligible" may be locked in the current account, or locked by ICANN. These domains may have been transferred TO NetSol within the last 60 days, or a registrant change made to the contact data n the last 60 days. You'll need to check with the losing Registrar to be sure. If any errors state that the transfer is declined by the current registrar, you'll need to check with Network Solutions as to why. 

If you go to your Domain Manager within the GoDaddy account, you can use the Domains tab to select Transfers. If there are domains listed there, checking the box to the left of each should show you the Restart Transfer option. This is used after correcting any issues at the losing registrar, so you can simply restart the request in the GoDaddy account. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

Thanks @TLH. The codes have been pasted in exactly. Then they were typed in exactly. According to GoDaddy's support person I spoke with on Wednesday, Network Solutions is rejecting these as ineligible. Godaddy's person didn't mention that ICANN might have locked them--he specifically mentioned that Network Solutions had rejected the transfers.

Network Solutions, whom I spoke with after that, said that the domains are not locked. The NetSol person told me he would need to send me new authorization codes, and then he didn't. When I asked them for the codes today, they sent me the same ones that were/are being rejected. 

It is possible that I corrected a mailing address at the same time I was changing the accounts...if that caused ICANN to nuke the transfers..well...that's really annoying. Especially since a 60 day wait time means the transfers will "expire" before they're eligible and I'll have to go thru this whole thing again. I wish I could've known that making something more accurate might jack this whole process up.

It's also anything that none of the "status messages" that Godaddy provides mention any of this. All they basically say is..."didn't work, too bad for you" without providing any meaningful information on how to solve it. Almost as infuriating as Network Solutions.

There is no "Restart Transfer" option available for what you're talking about, at least not at the location where you're talking about it. Either they've changed the interface and you're not up to speed on it, or there's some contextual reason that "restart" of the transfers is available. This is the subject of another one of my posts, because what you told me here is exactly what one of the emails Godaddy sent me said, and for my situation the "restart transfer" option doesn't appear to exist for whatever reason.