cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
vobacco008
Novice

Promo code not working

Hi, I received a GoDaddy email with a promo code which said it is good for domain renewal. However when I applied it a warning said it is not for renewal. It is contradictory. Which one is true?

8 REPLIES 8
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Re: Promo code not working

@vobacco008 wrote:

Hi, I received a GoDaddy email with a promo code which said it is good for domain renewal. However when I applied it a warning said it is not for renewal. It is contradictory. Which one is true?

@vobacco008 Most promo codes do not work for renewals. What are you trying to renew?

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
vobacco008
Novice

Thanks for your reply, but how can I forward you the offer email so you can take a look? It does say it is good for renewal.

@vobacco008 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, but how can I forward you the offer email so you can take a look? It does say it is good for renewal.

@vobacco008 I'm just wondering what the product is that you're trying to renew ie, hosting, domain names, etc.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
vobacco008
Novice

It is a domain renewal.

@vobacco008 wrote:

It is a domain renewal.

@vobacco008 Promo codes do not work for domain renewals. If this email says this, it is wrong.

---

Thread
Novice

I am receiving this same error - "not good for renewals" - the email I received specifically states that is is for "renewals" three times.

If I click the link in the email I get the following error -

"Server Error 404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

This coupon code should work and I would like to know how to complete the transaction before the offer expires.

surferboy
Novice

I get the same email for renewals.  Usually 20% off Renewals.  And yes the email does say RENEWALS!

However, the code never works.  GoDaddy is using bait and switch tactics.  They are trying to get you to renew early. 

Solution

Hi @surferboy

Welcome to the Community!

There are 3 main reasons that a code does not work if it is an active (non-expired) code.

You'll want to make sure that you read the exclusions on the coupon (Some CCTLDs aren't included - the Registries won't allow it). Then check the price of your renewal to see if it is already discounted for you. (A coupon won't double-discount a sale item.) Also make sure that you aren't using PayPal; they won't always accept our codes. If you are still not getting the discount, your best bet is to call support so they can take a look at it for you. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support