cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Purchased Domain/Website that has Previous Bad Reputation. Can I receive a refund or change domain?

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a domain about a day ago for a personal/resume website project.

Unfortunately, I noticed that Web of Trust (WOT) considers this site as untrustworthy, not child friendly, and has an overall bad reputation. This low rating in the WOT score card was probably caused by the previous owner(s) questionable actions. I tried to see if I can contact WOT to reset the rating, since it is not under the same owner anymore, but they can not remove the comments or ratings. The only way to improve the reputation of the site is to have people evaluate it and score it as a good site, which can slowly build good reputation. The website also has some bad reputation ratings  in ad guard and it is probably in a few other similar rating sites.

I am trying to see other alternatives to help my domain/site reputation to be reset to good or neutral.

I do not want people to visit my personal/resume website and receive an alert/warning stating that the website has a bad reputation "do you wish to continue/visit"....

Can I  receive a refund or switch to a different domain name?

Please advise and thank you for you time.

Best,

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Resolver I

@-Eric, once you have purchased a domain, it is yours for the year or however long you purchased it for. If you are getting a warning message, there are ways to get the address checked and cleared of the flag that you are getting. If this is something that you need tomorrow, that is not going to happen. If you can wait a bit, you can clear the domain name by checking why the domain is being blacklisted by using a tool such as: https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx and then addressing the issue by each of the flagged areas. There are other ways to do this but the best bet for you is to search how to get my domain name unlisted or hiring somebody to work on this for you. It is not an immediate process but it is doable. 

Good luck.

Joaquin 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Resolver I

@-Eric, once you have purchased a domain, it is yours for the year or however long you purchased it for. If you are getting a warning message, there are ways to get the address checked and cleared of the flag that you are getting. If this is something that you need tomorrow, that is not going to happen. If you can wait a bit, you can clear the domain name by checking why the domain is being blacklisted by using a tool such as: https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx and then addressing the issue by each of the flagged areas. There are other ways to do this but the best bet for you is to search how to get my domain name unlisted or hiring somebody to work on this for you. It is not an immediate process but it is doable. 

Good luck.

Joaquin 

View solution in original post

My Coustomer ID 157079676

Order Number: 1136660430

Date: May 21, 2017

My domain order has successfully cancelled but do not get any amount or any email from godaddy.. I am tired on email to get ans but no responding me..

Want to know what is wrong and how long take more to get refunds?