cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Questions about Trademark Clearinghouse when registering nTLD .app.

Hello,

I received an email below from GoDaddy after applying for the domain today through the .app nTLD Priority Pre-Registration.

Thank you for pre-registering EXAMPLE.app. Your domain matches at least one trademark record submitted to the Trademark Clearinghouse.
In the coming days, we'll send you another notice explaining how to acknowledge the trademark claim.
If you choose not to respond to the claim check, GoDaddy will send in the registration after August 06, 2018, if the domain name is still available.

Questions? Take a look at this FAQ:
Why am I getting a claim check notification?
You pre-registered a domain name that is a trademarked name. A claim check is a process that protects trademark holders and notifies them of potential domain names registered with their mark.

What is a trademark?
A trademark is a recognizable sign, design or expression that identifies products or services of a particular source from those of others.

What happens next?
Approximately 48 hours before May 06, 2018, you will be asked to acknowledge the claim check in a separate email.
If you choose not to respond to the claim check, GoDaddy will send in the registration after August 06, 2018, if the domain name is still available.
If you are not awarded the domain name due to a trademark violation, we will issue you a refund, less any application fees.

First of all, I understand that the cliam check is going on because the .app domain I want to register is registered with TMCH. And the TMCH is registered by me. I mean, I am the owner of the trademark.

And, the reason I paid for the additional registration fee and pre-registered the .app domain was because I wanted to prevent someone from registering my .app domain with my trademark before me.

However, as far as I understand the email, my trademark is registered with TMCH, so anyone other than me will not get the .app domain until 6th of August.

Is this right?

I would like to know if another person cannot register my trademark domain after the pre-registration period if my trademark is registered in TMCH.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

Re: Questions about Trademark Clearinghouse when registering nTLD .app.

@NoelJY wrote:

Hello,

I received an email below from GoDaddy after applying for the domain today through the .app nTLD Priority Pre-Registration.

Thank you for pre-registering EXAMPLE.app. Your domain matches at least one trademark record submitted to the Trademark Clearinghouse.
In the coming days, we'll send you another notice explaining how to acknowledge the trademark claim.

You pre-registered a domain name that is a trademarked name. A claim check is a process that protects trademark holders and notifies them of potential domain names registered with their mark.

What is a trademark?
A trademark is a recognizable sign, design or expression that identifies products or services of a particular source from those of others.

What happens next?
Approximately 48 hours before May 06, 2018, you will be asked to acknowledge the claim check in a separate email.
If you are not awarded the domain name due to a trademark violation, we will issue you a refund, less any application fees.

First of all, I understand that the cliam check is going on because the .app domain I want to register is registered with TMCH. And the TMCH is registered by me. I mean, I am the owner of the trademark.

And, the reason I paid for the additional registration fee and pre-registered the .app domain was because I wanted to prevent someone from registering my .app domain with my trademark before me.

However, as far as I understand the email, my trademark is registered with TMCH, so anyone other than me will not get the .app domain until 6th of August.

Is this right?

I would like to know if another person cannot register my trademark domain after the pre-registration period if my trademark is registered in TMCH.

Thanks!

@NoelJY The .app extension is run by the Google Registry. I would reach out to them with your trademark information to get the domain registered. https://www.registry.google/

----

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

Re: Questions about Trademark Clearinghouse when registering nTLD .app.

@NoelJY wrote:

Hello,

What is a trademark?

What happens next?

Is this right?

Thanks!

@NoelJY The .app extension is run by the Google Registry. I would reach out to them with your trademark information to get the domain registered. https://www.registry.google/

----

View solution in original post