Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alltogether
Getting Started

Quick Tips to Think About When Choosing .club

.club Domains that are Forwarded with Masking and hosted by GoDaddy are NOT indexed by Google. This is a huge problem you can imagine. GoDaddy support is not interested in solving this problem. Google does not respond to Feedback.

Who wants to solve this?

6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Not applicable

@alltogether,

Simple, forward without masking! It is NOT a Godaddy problem and neither is it a Google problem, the problem is yours and the use of masking. Google rightly so want to index the site that your content is actually on, not as far as they can see what is basically an EMPTY site (the mask......somebody STOP ME!!!). This makes perfect sense really and the warnings about the hit on SEO are all out there to read and take note of........ or ignore. The choice is yours, nothing to do with GoDaddy.

More details...

A .com Domain that is Forwarded with Masking and hosted by GoDaddy works just fine. It is NOT an empty site. The problem is with the .club Domains that are Forwarded with Masking and hosted by GoDaddy are NOT indexed by Google. This is a huge problem you can imagine. GoDaddy support is not interested in solving this problem. Google does not respond to Feedback.

Retired
Not applicable

@alltogether,

I think you will certainly find with a little homework, that I am quite correct. My explanation is correct, Google see a forward with masking as an empty site. They prefer to index the actual site that has the content of files on it........... 

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmasters/sLJMw7OUC2s

This thread is closed as far as I'm concerned............ have a nice day!

Answer...

If "Google sees a Forwarded with Masking Domain as an empty site" then why does a .com work? And a .club NOT work?

Hmmmm

Again...

Use your Browser and View Source.

Now imagine that the same html Source Code is in a .Com Domain and a .Club Domain.

Why does .Com work fine and .Club NOT? This is the problem i am looking for an Answer to.

An additional problem with .Club domains...

When filling-out a Contact Form online the email address@domain.CLUB is not accepted as a valid email address and is rejected.

For example: message@domain.club   ... This email address will be rejected in website Contact Forms.

Hmmm