Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Rob19Brew
New

Redemption fee when my domain has not expired.

Hi All,

I'm having a running battle online about a domain I own and run. My domain is currently in "no mans land" as GoDaddy are saying I need to pay the redemption fee to get my site back.

I run around 35 Domains and active websites. The renewal for the site in disputes says 4/30/21 on the GoDaddy website and my CC details are up to date. Now they are saying it expired on 4/15/21.

I've taken screenshots of the renewal date but the agents I deal with say it expired on 4/15 and I have to pay the fee.

Any ideas???

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@Rob19Brew 

So I would look back at your billing history and see when you were charged in the past.

When a domain is up for renewal - you will almost always see the expiration date (in WHOIS) adjusted even if it fails renewal - this is due to how domain registrars manage the renewal process and allow for the redemption periods 

I would also check any emails you've received - there are usually about 4-5 over a month period leading up to the renewal letting you know if it is on auto renewal or not and when it's due to renew

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PL281
Super User IV

@Rob19Brew 

So I would look back at your billing history and see when you were charged in the past.

When a domain is up for renewal - you will almost always see the expiration date (in WHOIS) adjusted even if it fails renewal - this is due to how domain registrars manage the renewal process and allow for the redemption periods 

I would also check any emails you've received - there are usually about 4-5 over a month period leading up to the renewal letting you know if it is on auto renewal or not and when it's due to renew

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

TLH

Hi @Rob19Brew,

Welcome to the Community!

The ideas that @PL281 posted are all good, and need to be checked in the account. In addition, some ccTLDs (country code domains) have requirements from the Registry (not GoDaddy) for a mandatory renewal PRIOR to the expiration date in order to avoid redemption fees. And most Registries won't note the renewal update in the whois directory, until that early renewal has been made. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us