cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Redirect error

Hello! I'm getting this error when I try to access from my naked domain. NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID. Navigation is fine when prefixed with www. I updated my a name with the correct ip address, however, I'm unable to get rid of the previous ip address in the management screen. I THINK that's my problem, but any help would be appreciated. The url in question is reclaimedcuriosities.com, adding the www prefix works fine but I'm wanting it to have access from both. Any help would be greatly appreciated
8 REPLIES 8
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Redirect error

If you had forwarding on the domain make sure to turn that off.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-my-domain-12123

New

Giving it a shot right now. So, all I should have to do is point the a name to the correct ip and not worry about forwarding?
Super User III

If you're pointing to an IP address then forwarding should be off, otherwise it would override the A record.

New

Pointing to an ip. Forwarding is off. Getting the above named error but the second part after advanced has changed to
"This server could not prove that it is reclaimedcuriosities.com; its security certificate is from *.weebly.site. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection."
New

I would send a screen shot of my settings, but I can't seem to figure out how to add a picture.
New

So, that broke it worse. Clicked through to a 404 error. With forwarding on, and the default ip, it at least clicks through when you hit advanced. Is there anyone that I can send a screenshot and some details to to work this out? I'm new, and at this point, I'm willing to pay someone to walk me through this or even do it for me.
Highlighted
Super User III

Are you trying to use Weebly or Squarespace?

New

I am trying to redirect to https://rck-101649.square.site which is a weebly page