cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Redirect subdomain with specified page

I currently have a subdomain, "music.sethgibbs.xyz", that redirects to "sethgibbs.xyz/music". However, I want to see if there's a way to use this subdomain to redirect to pages inside of "music" as well, such as having "music.sethgibbs.xyz/something" redirect to "sethgibbs.xyz/music/something".

Having it redirect while keeping the subdomain in the url (redirecting to sethgibbs.xyz/music/something whilst still showing music.sethgibbs.xyz/something in the top bar) would also work.

Is there any way that I can do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Redirect subdomain with specified page

Hello You can redirect your subdomain to another page by following the steps below:

1. Log into cPanel.
  2. In the Domains section, click the Subdomains icon.
  3. Under Modify a Subdomain, click the Manage Redirection link to the right of the subdomain you wish to redirect.
  4. In the text box, type the URL to which you would like visitors to be redirected if they go to the subdomain (e.g. http://domain.com/optional-stuff).
  5. Click Save.

When you visit the subdomain, you will now be redirected to the specified page.

For more info

https://redirection.me/support/matching-redirects/

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

I don't have a cPanel account, as far as I'm aware, and I can't find a cPanel option in my account settings anywhere.

I'm using GitHub Pages to host my website, would that affect this at all?

Solution

Hi @SethGxyz.

It sounds like you are just using the forwarding within your account to point to your site. Unfortunately there is not a way to have a forward redirect to sub pages at this time. The subdomain will only point to the page you have indicated in your settings for the forward.

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.