cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
jay003zee
Apprentice

Remove a domain that is being used by blogger

Hi everyone, I need help reusing my domain name on my new WordPress site. I basically did a backtrack on the steps I did when I connected the domain to blogger, I removed all of the DNS Records that I have written, and I also removed the domain url on blogger. But the domain is still being used on a site.

Are there any extra necessary steps I need to do to remove the domain from being used on a site?  Or should I just wait for 24-48 hrs?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Re: Remove a domain that is being used by blogger

Hello.

If your domain is registered with GoDaddy then you need to do this: https://uk.godaddy.com/help/set-nameservers-for-domains-hosted-and-registered-with-godaddy-12316

Also this https://uk.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664 could help you.

I hope this will help you. Good luck.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
jay003zee
Apprentice

Hi Adrian8, Thank you for the reply, but unfortunately the problem still persists. I searched all over the internet and finding the answers seems difficult.

I restored the defaults of most of the DNS zone settings. I'm starting to believe that the problem is not with godaddy. And one thing i noticed is i can still use my domain as a custom url on blogger, as if my domain is still verified by blogger, which is puzzling me because i already removed those DNS settings.  Am i missing other things? should i delete my webmasters account? 

Let's take it step by step:

-1- Is your domain registered with GoDaddy ?

-2- What type of hosting do you have?

-3- Do you have more than one domain in that hosting account?

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
jay003zee
Apprentice

1. Yes the domain is registered with GoDaddy
2. Linux Hosting
3. Currently i have two domains, the 1st is a stand-alone purchase, and the 2nd comes as a free domain for purchasing a hosting account.  And I want to use the 1st domain on my hosting account.

- Linux hosting with cPanel?

- Have you associated any domain with your hosting plan?

jay003zee
Apprentice
Solution

Hi Adrian, I discovered on what's causing my problem.  I tried(out of curiosity) The Website Builder,  and was kinda stupid to forget it.

And all I did was to delete the Website Builder on my accounts and billings, and now I can use my domain now. Thank you for the suggestion you gave me, happy new year!

You are welcome.

Happy new year! Smiley Happy

Don't forget to mark the topic as solved. Smiley Happy

Akash9850
Tinkerer

remove blog contents frrom domain

Hello guys i have deleted some of the records in my domain, to delete linked blog contents . I also have remove my domain from blog setting , but still my domain is still attched to blog????? there are still 2 records in my domain DNS ????

anyone suggest what should i do ???