cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Remove my name and email from domain contact info

I am receiving emails from GoDaddy regarding renewals for domains I don't own, I've never owned, and I have nothing to do with other than I know the guy who owns the domains & helped him with his website about 10 years ago.

I would really like to have my info removed from his domains because I am concerned about any kind of obligation that puts on me and also may put me in position where I'm responsible if his company's domain doesn't get renewed.

How do I get my info removed??? He's not responding to my emails and I don't have any kind of access to the domains to remove it myself.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Remove my name and email from domain contact info

Hi @YeahThat. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! There are a few ways you can move forward in this situation. The best thing would be to reach out to the domain registrant to let them know this is happening (since you have had a previous relationship with them). Alternatively, you can file an invalid WHOIS claim for the domain. Our domain administration team will reach out to the owner of the account that holds the registration to let them know there is a problem. If they don't change the WHOIS after that, then our team will update the information and suspend the domain. 

To report invalid WHOIS, you'll need to look up the domain on our WHOIS tool, then scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the relevant link.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.