Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CZ-Robert
New

Removing template to edit DNS IP?

My web page is hosted by WEEBLY, I have just activated SSL. They want me to point my IP to a new address. GoDaddy says "remove WEEBLY template" before I can update my IP address in the DNS settings. Is this a safe thing to do and do I need to reinstall/put it back?

I understand that I need to put the new IP address in two different locations in the GoDaddy DNS settings: which ones?

Thanks for any help

Robert

4 REPLIES 4
TLH

Hi @CZ-Robert

It sounds like you may need to re-create custom nameservers for your domain as it is advising that you cannot edit the nameservers as you have set it up. While you have not mentioned the specific domain, see if the article below will assist you in this process.

Set custom nameservers for domains registered with GoDaddy: https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-custom-nameservers-for-domains-registered-with-godaddy-12317

And of course, our customer support can assist at one of the numbers below.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

I did not really understand your answer. My domain name is www.smqc.eu.

Where do I enter the new addresses and can I safely remove the template? I did not put it there, either GoDaddy or Weebly set it up that way. I suppose it has to be put back?

Test supplied by Weebly:

Hello, I have purchased my domain www.smqc.eu from you. I have built my website on Weebly.com. I need you to point my domain to the following IP: 199.34.228.46

This is done by changing my domain's A-Records. I am not requesting that you transfer my domain, redirect my domain, or change my name servers. I want to remain with you as my domain registrar. For more detailed information, please see http://kb.weebly.com/domain-registrar.html.

This what I need to do ...

BR

Robert

Hi @CZ-Robert

Our records show that your IP address / A Record is already updated the the address you show in your reply and your website is resolving properly.

Let the community know if you need further assistance.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

Thank you for the feedback and help - I left it as it was and hope the WEEBLY side of things will sort themselves out.

Cheers

Robert