Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Renewal changed DNS Record

19/02/17 - Website is working fine
20/02/17 - I pay for renewal of domain that was due on 25/02/17
21/02/17 - DNS Record changed to forwarding from hosting with out my input.

What gives godaddy?

14 REPLIES 14
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Renewal changed DNS Record

@Tombarker wrote:

19/02/17 - Website is working fine
20/02/17 - I pay for renewal of domain that was due on 25/02/17
21/02/17 - DNS Record changed to forwarding from hosting with out my input.

What gives godaddy?

@Tombarker What were the nameservers changed to? Can you change them back?

---

The name servers weren't actually changed.
It was a simple process to fix, it's just worrying that this can happen without my knowledge.

No one else has access to the account and I hadn't made any changes to the DNS record in several months.

The same thing happened to me. When I contacted "customer service" (in quotes since what they call customer service is horribly lacking), they had no response as to why they changed it. I changed it back, but I'm still unhappy about it.

I would love an explanation as to why this is considered good policy. I'm sure I'll never get one.

Yup, just happened to a site I manage as well. Only thing we did was renew the domain and it changed the DNS records. That is horrible...

DNS setting are getting changed upon auto renew.  A record changed to forwarding after auto  renew.

Luckily it was a demo domain but we could have lost a lot of money if it had been the live.

Please get this resolved.

Same thing hapend to us.

The domain renewed and it reactivated an old forwarding address.

I don't even know if there were any other changes.

Just happened to a client site of mine. NOT COOL.

New

Changed for a client of mine today. Did a simple renewal and the DNS pointed back to GoDaddy. Nameservers were never changed away from GoDaddy.

There appears to be something wrong with their renewal script as I just renewed my domains this morning, and my email stopped (had pop. record) within an hour of the renewal.  The custom DNS entries were deleted, and the domain A record was set to parked.  I'll point GoDaddy support to this thread as evidence that this is not a random occurrence.

New

I have faced this problem, twice now. This time I was traveling and my site was down for a whole day. I have to go in and set the A records to what it was before renewal. This is crazy and they do not seem to care solve it.

Still happening.  I renewed a domain about a week ago and all my dns settings were wiped out.  Renewed another this morning.  Same thing.

I though it just a very odd coincidence, that I renew some registrations and immediately thereafter my websites are down, but these postings confirm there really is a causal connection. But even since the renewals, I set the DNS to one thing on godaddy's site (set to manage DNS at my hosting site) and hours later it goes back to where it was and my sites are down again. Annoying as this is, it's not nearly so bad as Godaddy's automated telephone voice system that tells you to do something you refuse to do, then keeps saying, "I didn't get that, do you need more time?" No you old bag! I don't need more time! You don't p-whip me!  "Awesome!!!! Awesome!!!" Shut up you AI generated old battle axe!

New

This just happened with me too, site was down for 6 days.

Instead of the IP, it now sayed "forwarded". I put the IP back in there and it works again...

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi Everyone. Please see this thread for more info on the cause and solution to this issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.