cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request option to advance domain autorenew date

I am nervous seeing my many domains autorenew on the expiration date. I would like to be able to set an advanced time, like one or two months. If there is a billing issue (like a new credit card), an issue with GoDaddy autorenew system, or a foreign TLD takes longer than expected -- then I'd much prefer to have a little grace period to discover something went wrong and have the ability and time to be notified and to fix it before it actually expired.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Request option to advance domain autorenew date

Greetings @starsoft ,

This is an interesting thought. You can, of course, manually renew early on any domain (with a few exceptions for country code domains). You can also cause renewals to align with a future domain renewal date (called a "consolidation" if you speak to support). However, I am not aware of an "auto-renew early" option.

If it eases the nervousness, I hope you know that most domains don't fall off a cliff exactly at expiration. MOST domains don't "stop" until 5 days of grace after expiration. But at that point, DNS, email, hosting, redirecting and any other DNS-dependent services will be interrupted and stop working. 

Our 24/7 Support can work with you to sort out what is the best mix for you, personally.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support