cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Reverting DNS to previous Custom Settings from Cloudflare

Hi there,

I was working on setting up CDN with Cloudflare, and come across article which guided me to point the nameservers to custom settings: chip.ns.cloudflare.com and jo.ns.cloudflare.com

Everything was working well as CDN has been set up, noticed some improvement in terms of web site speed as well.

However, due to some circumstances I would have to revert back to managing DNS within GoDaddy itself rather than at Cloudflare (with nameservers pointed to the above custom settings, I can no longer manage DNS from GoDaddy).

I've tried clicking on Default at the Nameserver Settings at GoDaddy, but it seems to have reverted back to the actual default setting rather than the ones that I've previously set up for our email, crm, dmarc etc.

Is there any way I can move the custom settings which are currently still remain intact at Cloudflare, back to GoDaddy without losing any of the settings? Or the only way is by setting up all over again at GoDaddy, after selecting Default Nameserver?

Any help is very much appreciated, thanks in advance! - C.L.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Reverting DNS to previous Custom Settings from Cloudflare

Yes, you'll need to setup all the DNS records (website, email, etc) at the provider who's nameservers you want to use.

Re: Reverting DNS to previous Custom Settings from Cloudflare

Hi Nate,
Alright then, if there isn't a better solution.. Smiley Sad
Thanks for your speedy reply!