Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRV records for Active Directory not found

Hello everyone, this is my first technical question in the forum.

I have created SRV records for my Active Directory by replicating the following DNS records from my Windows domain controller.

_ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs.MyDNSdomain.co.uk
_ldap._tcp.gc._msdcs.MyDNSdomain.co.uk
_kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.MyDNSdomain.co.uk
_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.MyDNSdomain.co.uk

The SRV records look like this in GoDaddy.

_kerberos _tcp _kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs 0 100 88 DChostname.MyDNSdomain.co.uk 1/2 Hour
_ldap _tcp _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs 0 100 389 uor-prd-dc-01.DChostname.MyDNSdomain.co.uk 1/2 Hour
_ldap _tcp _ldap._tcp.gc._msdcs 0 100 3268 uor-prd-dc-01.DChostname.MyDNSdomain.co.uk 1/2 Hour
_ldap _tcp _ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs 0 100 389 uor-prd-dc-01.DChostname.MyDNSdomain.co.uk 1/2 Hour

The IP address of DChostname.MyDNSdomain.co.uk is defined as an A record and is resolvable.

The problem is that the SRV records don't seem to be working. Windows clients can't find the domain, and with Linux commands like this fail for example.

[sms05dab@hydra ~]$ nslookup _ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs.MyDNSdomain.co.uk 8.8.8.8
Server: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53

** server can't find _ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs.MyDNSdomain.co.uk: NXDOMAIN

SRV lookups with https://mxtoolbox.com/SRVLookup.aspx and similar also fail, returning "no records exist" or similar errors. Are there any obvious errors in my SRV records or am I doing something else wrong? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Dan B.

0 REPLIES 0