Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
chris19
New

Search Engine Result Spoofs my Domain. Is this a DNS issue?

I had one of our new artists inform me that when he did a simple search for the text "Artists Recording Collective" it brought back the result and showed our URL Artists Recording Collective .biz - however, when the link was clicked it hijacked his browser to some spam retail website selling discount shoes or something. I'm going to call GoDaddy Support, but thought I'd post this situation here too. Is this a DNS issue? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SG4101
Employee

Hello @chris19 and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I used a free malware scanner for your site and Malware was detected. Please reach out to GoDaddy Support immediately and request to add Website Security to your account if you do not have it already. Website Security has daily malware scanner and removal, GoDaddy Support can help assist with setting up your Malware Removal Ticket.

Again I am sorry you are experiencing this issue and I hope you are able to get this taken care of as soon as possible. Have a wonderful weekend.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SG4101
Employee

Hello @chris19 and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I used a free malware scanner for your site and Malware was detected. Please reach out to GoDaddy Support immediately and request to add Website Security to your account if you do not have it already. Website Security has daily malware scanner and removal, GoDaddy Support can help assist with setting up your Malware Removal Ticket.

Again I am sorry you are experiencing this issue and I hope you are able to get this taken care of as soon as possible. Have a wonderful weekend.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post