cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary DNS using premium dns services

dear sir i bought premium dns services of godaddy now i want my domain which is hosted with other provider to have primary dns with ip:221.120.211.43 and secondary dns with ip: 202.83.174.227 so incase primary goes down secondary came up. Please let me know how to do it step by step i tried help available on godaddy official web site but failed.

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Hi @MuhammadUsman

In order to set up secondary DNS on Premium DNS, you'll need to have GoDaddy nameservers set as either master or slave. You wouldn't be able to have two third party servers set up in this way. That may be why you're running into trouble. If that's not what you're trying to do, can you provide more information on the situation? Maybe others in the community will also have some ideas for you.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

If you can resolve my issue i am trying to assign following ips to my domain: for A record "@" and "www" 202.83.174.227

above ips are assigned to www but not to @ i tried everything. Please help with it asap. I am sending you my pin and customer number in private message.

Hey @MuhammadUsman,

If you're wanting direct assistance with this matter, you'll need to reach out to our live support by phone. As this is a public discussion forum we won't have direct access to your account to assist. 

Our chat is also available Mon-Fri at 5AM - 6PM Arizona time (UTC-7) and can be accessed through the buttons at the top or bottom of this page when they are in. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support