Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belserv
New

Self-managed DNSSEC and Premium DNS services mutually exclusive?

I maintain our own DNS servers, while also using GoDaddy's Premium DNS services as secondary (slave) servers.  Now I'm trying to add self-managed DNSSEC to the mix, but it appears that GoDaddy's DNS servers won't accept the DNSSEC records for it.

Searching the online resources such as https://www.godaddy.com/help/dnssec-faq-6135 I see that I meet all of the criteria for self-managed DNSSEC.  But it also appears that the Premium DNS will either let me configure the zone as a secondary OR as a primary that allows DNSSEC, but not both.

Am I understanding this correctly?  This doesn't make sense to me.

How can I continue to manage my zones on my own private servers, with self-managed DNSSEC, and continue to have GoDaddy's Premium DNS as a secondary server ?

4 REPLIES 4
CG

Hey @belserv

Sounds like you're trying to use Secondary DNS with DNSSEC. Unfortunately you won't be able to use both DNSSEC and Secondary DNS with the same domain name. You'll have to choose one or the other. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Is there any particular reason why GoDaddy would not support the usage of DNSSEC with Premium DNS services as a Secondary DNS?  The DNSSEC just adds a few more records to the zone file. 

I may have to give up our Premium DNS service with GoDaddy if there is no way to support DNSSEC with it.

Hello @belserv,

We appreciate your feedback on this option not being available. While I don't have reasons why using Secondary DNS and DNSSEC together are available, I was able to pass your feedback along to those who can benefit from it. That being said, this is not likely to change as soon as you'd probably like it to and it's understandable if you need to use another provider for DNS management. Thanks again for your feedback.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I'd like to second this request.  It seems very natural that a Premium account using secondary slaves should want DNSSEC to be enabled.