cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Service Unavailable

Why is my website saying "Service Unavailable" while my domain is still active and my Web Hosting is still active but my Website Builder Trial has expired (i'm not even using it anyway, so i cancelled its auto renewal) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Service Unavailable

Hi @rikakobest,

Sorry, yes I meant how you had built your site, it's of no matter now as your site is fixed and up again.

Sometimes when changes are made it causes interruptions in service.

trinitythesis.com

It is now back up...... enjoy the rest of your day Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @rikakobest,

So what are you saying exactly? That you built a site with the trial, discontinued the trial and expected the site you built with it to continue to display?

No, i have a customized website using the cPanel i didn't even use the website builder 

Retired
Not applicable

@rikakobest,

What did you use to build you site?

What is your domain name?

i just uploaded the files i made using xampp to the file manager and transferred my database to the phpmyadmin on cpanel, my domain name is trinitythesis.com is there a way to fix this? i really need to finish this because my thesis defense is tomorrow

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @rikakobest,

You can not build a site with XAMPP, it is only able to host a site locally. It has no editor or CMS capabilities. 

So how did you build your site files? 

Private message me a full copy of your index file if you can please. 

And what part did the trial of websitebuilder have in this? 

Ok i'll try to be clear as possible, i made a .php/css/html using XAMPP and then i uploaded it to my cPanel (which is working properly until now) and then i cancelled my Website Builder since it keeps getting money from my bank account and now my domain won't work 

and the Part of the Website builder in this is that my website stopped working when the Website Builder expired 

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @rikakobest,

Yes, you are telling me you 'made a .php/css/html using XAMPP'.........

What I am asking is how you built the site? XAMPP can not build sites, it can only host them, so what I am asking is where you obtained the site files. Did you hand code them, and if so with what editor?

If website builder 'keeps taking money' then this means that you carried on after the trial. It also would mean that your site to be hosted on a websitebuilder would have had to have been built on website builder.

There are inconsistencies in your post and you don't wish to post me a copy of your index file, so I suggest you speak with support as I have not the time to get the details (I feel) I need to ascertain the cause of the problem.

Support can only be reached by phone today and tomorrow:

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Sorry I could not be of further assistance.

i hand coded the website using Sublime Text Editor, im sorry but i didn't get what you meant by "Index" you mean all of the contents in my File Manager in cPanel ?

Retired
Not applicable
Solution

Hi @rikakobest,

Sorry, yes I meant how you had built your site, it's of no matter now as your site is fixed and up again.

Sometimes when changes are made it causes interruptions in service.

trinitythesis.com

It is now back up...... enjoy the rest of your day Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

it is still showing service unavailable to me...

a friend of mine is also having problems accessing their website http://medunisystem.com/ i think the server is having problem ? our cpanel server is in asia

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @rikakobest,

Sorry you seem to be having problems still. I suggest you take this further with support:

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

hope you get a more detailed analysis and a solution. Thank you!

Sorry for the trouble i might have caused it seems that the problem is my ISP i tried going to a computer cafe and i can open my site, sorry about that 

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @rikakobest,

Thank you for your reply, you are too polite. I am just glad to have helped a little Smiley Happy