Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arkain
New

Site Verification via SMS only.

This is more of a note rather than a question. Although I'm in the significant minority, I do no have or maintain a cell phone. This is a conscious decision.

However, as I just enjoyed the trials of SMS-only verification of a couple of domains. Not only were the customer service reps baffled, their solution was not even close. Although I've worked it out, way too many hoops were needed to jump through as a user. So many, in fact, that I'm seriously considering changing hosts. I do business with 5 different hosting companies, and Godaddy is the only one that forces SMS only verification. Please consider the option of a landline verification call. Believe it or not, there are still a few of us, that don't want to be connected when we're not connected. 

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @arkain,

You do realise that SMS messages can normally be sent to a landline phone number?

(What? What do you mean I'm the only person in the the world that knows this???).

But, there is a caveat in that I'm not sure if all GoDaddy software is capable of this?? (help support, help).

Do try it though, you get a robot lady voice (a nice lady robot) reads out the text message!!! 

I HAVE HAD ENDLESS HOURS / DAYS OF FUN SENDING THESE TO FRIENDS!

(now if I can remember you can also send text messages by some landline phones too......... )

https://www.godaddy.pro/AngelHall-Coulston  aka @rammsteinium