cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goodfish
New

Stop Domain Mapping Problem

Hello,

I had a free "wordpress .com" website for a long time and I was using it with the domain name that I bought from GoDaddy by using domain mapping for a long time. I decided to buy a wordpress hosting from GoDaddy and  transfer all my  database here. But the problem is  I can't get rid of  domain mapping.  Whenever I tried to reach the WP  Admin, I got the message of:
"Warning! Domain mapping upgrade for this domain not found. Please log in and go to the Domains Upgrades page of your blog to use this domain. "

What can I do to stop this domain mapping and use this domain name with my new WordPress hosting?

1 REPLY 1
Muse
Super User I

@goodfish

Did you check that your DNS records reflect the new nameservers for your new hosting account?  Now that you are leaving WordPress.com that link you provided isn't relevant -- that indicates that possibly we haven't move the domain back to GoDaddy by designating correct names servers yet.

You also want to make sure that there are no straggling DNS A or CNAME records from your previous host.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare