Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Stokar
Getting Started

Subdomain- Propagation Time

I added a subdomain, but after a few hours its coming up with "Sorry this site is not currently available." How long does it take to propagate a subdomain?

I went to Hosted Domain and clicked my domain

I then clicked Add Subdomain

I named the subdomain and clicked Ok.

It said Pending for a while but it now says Setup.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It took over 48 hours but the subdomain is finally working. I contacted support on Friday and they went through everything saying it was all setup fine. In the end they said it could take 24-48 hours for the subdomain to display properly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@Stokar wrote:

I added a subdomain, but after a few hours its coming up with "Sorry this site is not currently available." How long does it take to propagate a subdomain?

I went to Hosted Domain and clicked my domain

I then clicked Add Subdomain

I named the subdomain and clicked Ok.

It said Pending for a while but it now says Setup.

Thanks

@Stokar once it says "setup" it should be good to go. Please refer to these instructions: https://www.godaddy.com/help/manage-your-hosting-account-subdomains-4652

--

I deleted the subdomain and created it again and I am still having the same issues. I have used the steps provided. I am not sure what else to do.

@Stokar wrote:

I deleted the subdomain and created it again and I am still having the same issues. I have used the steps provided. I am not sure what else to do.

@Stokar what issue are you having? Once the subdomain is in "setup" status it has been created. FTP into your site and you'll see it listed in your root directory.

--

It took over 48 hours but the subdomain is finally working. I contacted support on Friday and they went through everything saying it was all setup fine. In the end they said it could take 24-48 hours for the subdomain to display properly.

View solution in original post