Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azsenca
New

Subdomain help needed

Hi, I need some help, becouse I do not know what to do else to make this work...

Thing I need is when someone type "line.mydomain.com" it would be forwarded to "1.2.3.4:5555/folder"

Simple subdomain forward does work in browser, but in program I need it it does not work, becouse the IP from subdomain is different from original server it needs to connect to.

Maybe SRV record can fix this, but I don't know how to make it work.

3 REPLIES 3
rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Hey @azsenca,

Maybe you can include the program specific name so that others who may have specific information about that program can help. Additionally have you searched within the help of the program you are using? Maybe this is something that is already figured out?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

It isn't importat what is the programs name, becouse it is private (company), so nobody knows specific information. It is simple program that connects to provided URL, and customer gets list that is automaticaly generated via called URL, but for that should be direct link, Server-Client, not over some proxy or VPN, or something, that is another security feature of that stupid program....

The thing is, when I make forwarded subdomain link.mydomain.com and point it to 1.2.3.4:5555/folder, the program gives timeout error. When I scan IP on subdomain, it is completly different. My original domain points to same IP but on default port 80. Maybe that is the problem?

So simple thing, yet so complicated...

rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Often with internal programs there is some customization that needs to be understood. I'm sure that there is a reason the program reacts that way? I can't offer more help without knowing more. Maybe someone else would have a different insight? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head