cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Subdomain not working

I try to configure subdomain for my website but it doesn't point to IP hosting. When I open web with subdomain , that have been setup in DNS's godaddy, it always shows error 404.

I try 2 ways. Using A type and CNAME but it doesn't work. I believe my source isn't wrong because I try to use with many domain before  I decide to pay domain's godaddy. Please help me support.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Subdomain not working

Hi @thien!

If you are getting a 404 error, that means the internet is unable to find the hosting. The most common record for a subdomain is an A record, since that will allow you to use an IP address. For instance, if you wanted your subdomain to be "shop", so it reads shop.domain.com, then you would add a record, select A for the type, shop would be the name, and the points to would be the IP address. Other factors, like forwarding or duplicate records, could interfere with what you're trying to create.

I recommend double checking the IP address you were given and making sure there aren't any duplicate or contradictory records.

Also, this guide might help navigate how to change records in the DNS Zone File:
https://www.godaddy.com/help/manage-dns-zone-files-680?

I hope this helps!

New

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 7.47.09 AM.png

I try many way with many subdomain and type but it still doesn't work. 

Highlighted
Solution

Hi @thien,

Welcome to the community!

The issue may not be with your DNS, but with the way that you have the subdomain setup on the hosting plan. Have you designated a folder at the hosting address for the subdomain to find its own index page? Or are you trying to forward a subdomain to a page of an existing website on the primary domain. Please check your hosting plan or your hosting provider to confirm the setup within the file manager of that plan. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

Thanks you for supporting me. Currently it works perfectly