cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Sucuri Warning: MW:HTA:7

I doubt I am in the correct forum, but it is as close as I can get.

Received an email from Sucuri, GoDaddy Monitoring:

Security Warning

http://connieowens.com

Details:

*Suspicious conditional redirect.: http://connieowens.com

Website Malware

Details: http://sucuri.net/malware/entry/MW:HTA:7

Submit a Malware Removal Request

This message is automatically generated.

GoDaddy

https://mya.godaddy.com/

This domain redirects to aspiritualparadigm.com...  So I do not understand the suspicious conditional redirect.

Can you explain?

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Sucuri Warning: MW:HTA:7

Hello @webmistressCS and thank you for reaching out to the community. 

It sounds like it's not liking something in your .htaccess files most likely. Click here to learn more from Sucuri. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

I guess I was not clear.

connieowens.com is not a website with an .htaccess file.  It is redirected through GoDaddy to a website.  There is no .htaccess file for this domain.

Sucuri wants me to open a ticket with them so they can "fix" my site.  There is no site.

The site it redirects to is clean.  I did the review and check, no malicious codes.

What I want to know is how this could be a warning for a domain name without a site? 

Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Sounds like a false positive then. That does sometimes happen with security products sometimes. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Thank you, they wanted me to open a ticket to have my site cleaned, I kept repeating myself, there is no site. 

And the email says GoDaddy monitoring, is this a part of GoDaddy?  Or is the company just seeking business?

It is confusing and bit frightening. 

Thank you again, I did try to give Kudos, but the button won't work.  Smiley Sad

Super User I
Super User I

I'm assuming you are using the 'Managed Wordpress' which comes with the Sucuri Wordpress plugin, which is a third-party product that GoDaddy installs in part of the 'Managed Wordpress' setup. Its a website security product in help monitoring your website security. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

No, I am not.  I said the connieowens.com is redirected through GoDaddy to my other domain where I have a website.

I have not set up Sucuri, nor did I ask for it.

I posted the email in my comments they sent me.

I need to know if they are a part of GoDaddy and is this normal?  Is there and issue with my domain name? 

Solution

Hi @webmistressCS,

Welcome to the Community!

You'll want to check under "My Products" in your account to see if you have the Website Security product in your account for this domain. The service for the product is provided by Sucuri. 

If you don't have it, you'll need to contact your hosting provider on where the same service may be supplied. If it's in your account, you can contact the support team to see if it is a free product, a paid product, or if it is on auto-renew. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
Super User I
Super User I

Hello @webmistressCS 

Yes, I did see the email.

I agree with @TLH . 

Yes, I see connieowens.com is getting redirected to aspiritualparadigm.com, which looking at your name servers for aspiritualparadigm.com your website is being hosted by a different vendor for what I can see, which I see aspiritualparadigm.com is running on WordPress.

Hopefully, @TLH comment help answer/clarify your question more. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

@TLH wrote:

Hi @webmistressCS,

Welcome to the Community!

You'll want to check under "My Products" in your account to see if you have the Website Security product in your account for this domain. The service for the product is provided by Sucuri. 

If you don't have it, you'll need to contact your hosting provider on where the same service may be supplied. If it's in your account, you can contact the support team to see if it is a free product, a paid product, or if it is on auto-renew. 

Thank you but that is not helpful.  The redirect is set up by GoDaddy.  So not sure where the Sucuri came from in the first place, I copied the body of the email.

Thank you again.

Thank you, Drew.

Now how do I close this?