cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Support deleted my main domain and all parked domains

Three days ago I had some damaged websites. I contacted Godaddy in order to restore the data, but my backup cannot be restored because the backup was over the allowed volume. I restored my backups, taking two days to restore them and set them up since the account had processing limitations which made me pay more for more processing power and fewer limitations on the site. Everything seemed normal, but two sites still had 500 errors and when contacting the support again via chat they said they would solve the problem and within one hour they would send me an email informing. What surprises to me that after an hour not only deleted the domain in question, but all domains hosted on Godaddy. Worst of all is that they have not even contacted me to solve the problem or communicate on how they will heal the damage done.

Problems I encountered so far with Godaddy:

- Each question asked with the support requires 30 minutes to search for the answer
- The solution is always to upgrade the account without understanding the problem
- The support passes the image of technical unpreparedness with the product and the service, in addition to denigrating the image of the company, as it does not have the necessary knowledge to respond with proactivity.

I am very dissatisfied with receiving Godaddy's support. Last year I decided to migrate from eHost provider and Hostmonster to Godaddy, paying in advance the annuity and the backup service. Two reasons for this decision. A promise to have quality service and centralize domain registration and hosting in a single company.

I sent a lot of emails to support in Brazil and I lost more than 8 hours each day in telephone calls and the result so far is total neglect.

My name is Marco Querni
+55 21 988128812
querini@biohard.com.br

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Former Employee

Greetings @Querini,

Thank you for reaching out to The Community. While I can't see your account and while I don't doubt your experience, this is certainly not what is the norm at GoDaddy. In fact, on the subject of domain deletion alone, it is almost impossible for that to be done. Most domains take a minimum of 5 days to out process (after initial registration).

It is possible to temporarily deactivate or quarantine domains and I'm wondering if they were placed in such a temporary status for some other reason. Regrettably, we cannot resolve specific account issues in this forum, but I would urge you to contact Support again for a better answer and you always have the option of a survey when the interaction is done.

Please update us on the results,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Former Employee

Greetings @Querini,

Thank you for reaching out to The Community. While I can't see your account and while I don't doubt your experience, this is certainly not what is the norm at GoDaddy. In fact, on the subject of domain deletion alone, it is almost impossible for that to be done. Most domains take a minimum of 5 days to out process (after initial registration).

It is possible to temporarily deactivate or quarantine domains and I'm wondering if they were placed in such a temporary status for some other reason. Regrettably, we cannot resolve specific account issues in this forum, but I would urge you to contact Support again for a better answer and you always have the option of a survey when the interaction is done.

Please update us on the results,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post