cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The connection has timed out: The server at mydomain.com is taking too long to respond.

I first added the domain name I bought in GoDaddy to my Heroku app. My Dashboard > Settings > Add Domain.

This generated a DNS target that I added as the `Value` of my `CNAME` Record with `Name` `_domainconnect`.

In that sense, I currently also have `www.domainname.com` as the `Value` of the `CNAME` Record with `Name` `@`.

I have already waited 48 hours for the change and I keep getting the same error. What could I be missing? 🤔

PS- I'm also having problems contacting anyone from Go Daddy's customer support in Panama, since they don't have a phone number here. If anyone knows the support email, I would greatly appreciate it as well. Thanks!! Smiley Happy
Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 15.56.20.png

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: The connection has timed out: The server at mydomain.com is taking too long to respond.

Hi @juliettech. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Part of the reason you're having a problem with this domain is that it is currently parked. You may not know this, but .app domains are automatically included in the Chrome HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security) list. You can double check that here. This means that they will always load as HTTPS, even without a redirect. Since the IP your domain is pointed to doesn't have an SSL Certificate installed, it can't load the page because it's not protected by the HTTPS protocol. 

Also, it looks like the CNAME www.popularis.app is currently pointed to itself. I'm not sure how Heroku is supposed to work, but you'll probably need to change this to point to something else. You'll also need to make sure the Heroku hosting has an SSL Certificate for your domain name. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.