Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

This site can’t be reached

Hello,
I'm trying to reach my website www.blackspire.org however it is timing out and I'm getting the error ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. I've tried multiple computers and had other try to contact the site, all resulting in the same connection error. I am using wordpress.

7 REPLIES 7
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: This site can’t be reached

@klavis 

I checked your domain and it does have GoDaddy nameservers, but it looks like you also have an A Record pointing to an Amazon IP?  

Maybe you can provide more details as to your hosting setup? Smiley Wink

Judith
"All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius
New

I've done nothing with AWS so I don't know why it would have anything to with Amazon. I used the godaddy automatic installation for my wordpress site,  which has been working normally for a few years.  What kind of information would help?

New

I've done nothing with AWS so I don't know why it would have anything to with Amazon. I used the godaddy automatic installation for my wordpress site,  which has been working normally for a few years.  What kind of information would help?

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@klavis 

Currently your domain is pointed to 13.239.138.31 which is the AWS IP that @Muse was referring to.

You will need to update your DNS to point it to the GoDaddy IP of your WordPress site.

GoDaddy Pro User - Managing over 300 WP Sites
New

@PL281 

That was an easy fix. Any idea why it would have changed in the first place. I haven't messed with the DNS. 

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@klavis 

The only thing I can think of is if you had to do any validation for something and a utility updated it.

I can see from https://securitytrails.com/domain/blackspire.org/history/a

that the update appears to have happened about 2 months ago

GoDaddy Pro User - Managing over 300 WP Sites
New

@PL281 

Thanks, I guess I should check it more often then to make sure this doesn't happen again.