Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Thijs
New

Transferring out domain, approval not registering?

I'm trying to transfer a domain out from GoDaddy. The process has started, I've used the code at the new registrar to initiate the transfer, and the "Transfers Out" tab here lists the domain as "In progress". The info box on that page reads:

To speed up the process, you can approve the transfer – it should then complete within 15-30 minutes, depending on your new registrar.

I've tried clicking the checkbox for this domain and clicking "Approve Transfer" multiple times since yesterday, but I keep getting the same error:

We couldn't approve the transfer of $.domainNames. Please try again.

What am I doing wrong? And if the first time I clicked Approve Transfer it registered my approval correctly, then why is it taking more than half a day now, when it says it would be 15-30 minutes after approval?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nate
Super User II

I am not a member of support but the chat button should come back when operators become available, or you can call.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Nate
Super User II

That is unusual.  Try in a different browser or using a private/incognito window.  If you're still unable to complete the process I'd suggest contacting support directly with your user ID and PIN handy to take a look into the situation.

Thijs
New

@NateThanks for your reply. The above was in Firefox, and trying in a private Firefox window or in Edge both give me the exact same error.

And chat support seems to be offline for a while now due to "high volume". Will chat support be restored in the near future? Or is chat support unavailable for the long-term (i.e. is this "high volume" happening every day), and is the only option to use the phone number listed for my country?

Nate
Super User II

I am not a member of support but the chat button should come back when operators become available, or you can call.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post