Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Trying to set A records so that I can use my Inmotion hosting

Hello, 

I've been trying to set A records so that I can use my hosting (Inmotion hosting). I'm managing DNS at godaddy. 

I can't find anywhere what the correct settings are for A records here. 

I've tried using two A records first but after 15 hours nothing changed. My hosting company told me the records were not even showing. The records had "www" and "exampledomain.com" under name, 

123.123.XXX.XXX as ip adress (same for both) and 1 hr TTL. This was given to me by inmotion hosting. They also told me that I might have to use www.exampledomain.com instead of simply "www" and that this depends on how godaddy configures things. 

Godaddy has told me to use a different setting. I have since deleted those records and changed them to a single A record with "@" as name with the same ip adress and TTL as the previous records. 

I don't know what records I should be using and both companies are telling me completely different things. Please help, I feel this shouldn't be this complicated.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Trying to set A records so that I can use my Inmotion hosting

A record-

Host: @

Points to: (the IP address)

CNAME-

Host: www

Points to: @

New

Re: Trying to set A records so that I can use my Inmotion hosting

Thank you! I managed to add the A record before your message with the same values and added the CNAME record as you instructed. Things are working fine.