cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Trying to shorten url and forward/redirect. Not sure how to do this.

Hi,

I am trying to shorten the url, and have it forwarded/redirect to a specific url. I'm unsure how to redirect it or if this is the right question. I'm unsure how to do this on the backend of godaddy, i've only seen the option for redirect subdomain, which is not the type of link I'm looking for.

Original link:  affinitybands.com/collection/products

Link to show instead:  affinitybands.com/products

For examples, people can go to afffinitybands.com/products and that will redirect them to affinitybands.com/collection/products, but it'll mask the link with afffinitybands.com/products 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi NV2020,

You won't be able to forward one path to another on the same domain using our domain forwarding settings. Instead, I recommend setting up your URL forwards in an .htaccess file on your hosting account. There are a lot of online guides for doing that, but it's best to use one from your hosting provider. If we're your hosting provider, let me know what kind of hosting you have, and I'll see what I can find for you.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Hi NV2020,

You won't be able to forward one path to another on the same domain using our domain forwarding settings. Instead, I recommend setting up your URL forwards in an .htaccess file on your hosting account. There are a lot of online guides for doing that, but it's best to use one from your hosting provider. If we're your hosting provider, let me know what kind of hosting you have, and I'll see what I can find for you.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Hi @Angela_B 

I'm currently hosting with godaddy & domain hosting? I'm unsure.

Also, thanks for the info!