cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Unable To Change Primary Domain

Hi there,

I'm attempting to change the primary domain listed under the dashboard of my hosting from planetpast.com to mediadrumworld.com. There are 2 defunct domains associated with this plan and I'm trying to clean up and understand what's dead-weight and what isn't since this is a company account established before I arrive.

When selecting the preferred domain a message appears to say it has been successfully changed, but nothing appears different and the same defunct domain is listed as the primary one. 

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Unable To Change Primary Domain

@MediaDrum wrote:

Hi there,

I'm attempting to change the primary domain listed under the dashboard of my hosting from planetpast.com to mediadrumworld.com. There are 2 defunct domains associated with this plan and I'm trying to clean up and understand what's dead-weight and what isn't since this is a company account established before I arrive.

When selecting the preferred domain a message appears to say it has been successfully changed, but nothing appears different and the same defunct domain is listed as the primary one. 

Any help would be appreciated.

@MediaDrum The instructions to change the primary domain are here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-my-primary-domain-name-8344

Did you allow several minutes before checking again to allow time for it to update?

---