cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
mash1950
Novice

Unable to change DNS nameservers to default.

I was pointing my domain to another webhost - 000webhost, so i was using their nameservers for a while. Now i want to switch it back to default and I can't seem to do it. I have already removed the domain reference from 000webhost.

Clipboard01.jpg
When i switch to default and "save" this is what i get. I can't seem to change the nameservers manually to ns21.domaincontrol.com and ns22.domaincontrol.com as well.

2 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Unable to change DNS nameservers to default.

Hi @mash1950. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! I'm not sure why you'd be seeing that error. It is likely something specific to your registration though. I would recommend getting in touch with our support team if you continue to have this problem. Once you do get it resolved, please consider following up here with what the resolution was. Others may benefit from what you experienced.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
mash1950
Novice
Solution

Re: Unable to change DNS nameservers to default.

In the end, the issue resolved by itself... how? I'm not sure either....
First, I tried to unlock my DNS (I had it locked earlier) but was unable to because the site was telling me it couldn't process my request. In frustration, i spam clicked it and it worked eventually.
After the unlock is done, I went to revert the nameservers back to defaults. That worked.
Then I went back to lock my DNS. 
After the DNS was locked, I was able to change my DNS settings.