cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to use custom nameservers

When attempting to change the name servers for my digital ocean cpanel installations name servers. When I try to change them, using the custom option, the box has a red tint, and say "unavailable" underneath it. Why am I unable to change the name servers to the new servers?

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Unable to use custom nameservers

Can you send screenshot of error? In Godaddy You can change custom name server s without any error.  

Please check your Name Servers.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

I'm not sure what you mean, @ZulWeb . I literally attached a screen shot of the error to my original post.

Capture.PNG

Super User II
Super User II

Thank you for sharing screenshots. Please  update these name servers

• ns1.digitalocean.com
  • ns2.digitalocean.com
  • ns3.digitalocean.com

For more info visit  https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-point-to-digitalocean-nameservers-from-commo...

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

I see you listed Digital Ocean for your web hosting provider in which to set your custom nameservers to. I was just wondering if the servers you listed I.e. - ns1 & ns2 are the same ones everyone uses for their DigitalOcean cloud hosting -or- would I have my own custom ones to list that are specific to just my account?
I’ve used DO for a while now but as I’ve been looking over the GoDaddy Pro Services to use for managing customers WordPress websites, I’m seeing some really nice benefits to their service especially using the one single control panel to update all client sites at once.
Looks like a real time saver!

Cheers 😉

Chris

Targeted Website Traffic