cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Unexpected error occurred - trying to delete MX record

I get the 'Unexpected error occurred' when I try to delete the default MX record for sdforcefc.com.

Same thing when I attempt to work around it by reducing the priority of the said record. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @ForceFC. If you're getting that, see if you're using the Grid view DNS editor. If so, try changing to the List view (clicking the three-lines hamburger menu in the domain manager) and see if that allows you to make the necessary changes. 

Naterx - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Employee

Hello @ForceFC. If you're getting that, see if you're using the Grid view DNS editor. If so, try changing to the List view (clicking the three-lines hamburger menu in the domain manager) and see if that allows you to make the necessary changes. 

Naterx - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

That helped. Thank you.

Hello @Naterx , My Domain Status " DNS Only (Hosting) " So I can't modify it from this list view ( the three-lines hamburger menu ) , Only way to add/delete/edit the MX Records is normal form which has the mentioned error message , please advice 

New

I have tried to change my Nameservers to a new host and when I put them in it says "An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support." What could be the problem? I don't particularly want to spend the day with tech support and I am trying to rebuild my site and this is preventing this from happening.