cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Using my GoDaddy domain for my Adobe Portfolio

I'm trying to use my GoDaddy domain for my Adobe Portfolio but when trying to make my domain point towards the Adobe Portfolio IP I can't get rid of the IP that GoDaddy has my domain pointing towards by default. There is no edit button next to it under the Records part of my domain manager.

9 REPLIES 9
Employee
Employee

Re: Using my GoDaddy domain for my Adobe Portfolio

Hello there, 

Do you have any other products linked to the domain? It could be that something is linked and is disabling the function to edit

Nothing else is linked, I just bought the domain and tried putting it on and Adobe says "Oops! Looks like you have an extra IP address set up. Please go back to your domain settings and remove any A Records not pointing towards Adobe Portfolio. " Which is the one that was linked to the domain name when I bought it.

Sorry, I meant to say the only other IP linked is the uneditable one that was there when I bought it

Employee
Employee

what is that IP address? and what is the domain?

The IP is 184.168.131.241 and the domain is Riffdes.com

Employee
Employee

and are you trying to add 151.101.192.119 . ?

Yea add that IP and remove 184.168.131.241 because that is keeping Adobe from using my domain as the URL for my website

Employee
Employee
Solution

okay, according to whatsmydns.com, that IP has been added already and there are now two on the zone file. Unfortunately, I am just a customer like you. I would recommend you call customer support at :

+1 480 463 8308 
If you would like to see what I mean by the zone file having both IP's you can visit this tool by pasting in your browser
https://www.whatsmydns.net/?utm_source=whatsmydns.com&utm_medium=redirect#A/Riffdes.com

Highlighted

Ok thank you.